Introduction baaki hai

So I was just thinking- wish our minds had efficient secretaries or basic typists to just pen down our thoughts while they just pass by in a matter of seconds. I might remember few things of the past but I surely do not remember where I kept my glasses or keys. There are so many things that I want to write but it is kinda difficult to hold on these stubborn fast paced thoughts who just do not want to stay in my memory book. Here I am again to give words to my memories and write about the today that made me remember the yesterday.

You will come across many characters in my blog so let me give you a brief introduction of some. You met daddy and pati in my previous blog. Lets meet mummy- everyone calls her baby even 3 year olds in our family call her baby pati. The story behind this nick name was that there was a senior member with whom she shared her name. Taking the name as is in daily context without giving due respect and deserved suffix and prefix did not seem correct. Hence mom got the pet name baby. She is a woman of steel. Her will power has shown her beautiful years of life. With her health complications at a tender age of 18 none expected her to pull along and fight. For her everyday is a battle and I would say every breath is. But here she is alive and kicking with a lovely family.

Next you will read more about Nana aka Anna or bade bhaiyya. His name is Nikhil. Many call him Niku in the family. Till date I have never addressed him by his name alone. Its always anna or nana. Now how this name Nana came in- it has a short story to it. There was a Govinda's movie Hatya. I do not remember the story well but there is this kid in the movie who addresses Govinda as YaYa. His yaya tune just stayed on and from there came the name nana. I was and am literary crazy for Nana. I would keep roaming after him calling Nana  just like that cute kid. I am not sure how irritating or cute was my repeated song of Nana, Nana.

So my childhood memories are mostly surrounding my family.  I was or rather I still am very introvert and have just a handful of friends. In school from 2nd till 10th I would hang around with Gagan. After that Amrita or Amo as I call her came into my life. During ICICI Bank times it was Kinjal.During radio days got in touch with Rushita. Maathungi in LA.I am not in touch with many but touchwood these have been such amazing friends and still are. I know even today they are my 3 am friends.

Thanks to my Pati we had an amazing childhood.  Wonderful brothers and sisters. Well I am not very comfortable with the frequent usage of the word 'cousins'. For literary understanding fine but if you see the way we grew up-all are brothers and sisters. We are four sisters. My aunt Shyaamala chitti (chitti means mom's younger sis) has two girls- Chittu and Archu. My uncle Raja mama has one daughter Deepu and son Abhi. Youngest chitti- Mala chitti has two sons Ananth and Dishanth. They would visit us during summers from Bangalore. Youngest uncle- Pappu mama has two sons Srini and Vera. Our interactions have been rare in early childhood since they were in USA. Don't get lost in the family tree. As memories unfold I will help you walk through the twigs and branches and help you see the wonderful smiles and moments each one has created to cherish.

So yes as I said no concept of cousins- all kids of the family are brothers and sisters. I also feel the term 'cousins' brings in some kind of distance, might seem illogical but thats what I feel. I remember every rakshabandhan we sisters would tie rakhi to anna and whatever gift he got for us would always be same. Gifts would be always in pack of four. His gifts would be Perk chocolates or Mr.Clean erasers shaped as orange slices and other cute things. No special treatment for being 'real or biological sister'. And I loved that. Even today when we sisters talk or meet, each is treated with same love and warmth. Doesn't that make us richer in terms of family members and siblings. People who love you and stand by you be it bliss or pain. A big bow to Janaki Pati and Srinivasan Thatha for giving us the biggest asset of our lives- the wonderful Srinivasan family.

The no cousin concept might also have some reference to the place and culture in which we grew up- Ahmedabad. In gujjus all are bhai and bens :)

Before I close let me briefly introduce my lovely partner Sriram - I call him Sri and during initial years would tell him "Siri nee daan enordu life vordu tiri" (Siri you are the wick of my life),  and Nana's great companion and friend Nini. Her name is Krithika and if you know me by now I have to give her a name matching Nana's. So there came Nini :) Hey did I tell you about my adorable kids? Aditya and Anushka. Adorable- well positive affirmations help they say. hahah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction